Breakaway School and Hockey Academy
A non-traditional middle school in a traditional private school setting.
• Private school education with small class sizes (15:1) is the focus of the academy.
• Character building is a significant part of the program.
• Instructors with Master’s degrees and at least 12 years of teaching experience.
• Professional training staff with NHL, USA hockey and Division 1 hockey experience.
Visit us at breakawayacademy.net to see a day in the life of a Breakaway Academy student and see what parents have to say about their child’s education experience. For more information regarding the academy enrollment, email Dave Snuggerud at or Andy Brink.
Breakaway Academy Campus
The Breakaway Academy is located in the Chaska Community Center.
• Breakaway Academy has 3200 square feet of classroom space
• Full Cafeteria
• Home of Breakaway Hockey dry land training space and skating treadmill
• $2.6 million newly renovated twin ice hockey arenas
• Locker Room area with private showers
• Pool and 14,000 sq. feet gym space
• Bus for field trip use
• After school care is available for an additional fee
• Transportation can be provided for a minimal fee. Please call for more information and routes.