Specialty Swim Programs
Ages 10 to 15
This program is designed for students who want to improve their swimming skills without committing to a swim team. Staff will work on refining the 4 competitive swimming strokes (butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke and freestyle) as well as work on diving starts and turns. Participants will learn how to write their own swim workout and perform it. Prerequisites: Level 5 or swim 50 yards without stopping (1 lap) and familiar with the four main competitive strokes.
Do you or your child need a little extra help learning a skill? Consider trying private swim lessons? Private Lessons or semi-private swim lessons are available for all ages and skill levels. This option offers flexible scheduling and small ratios which increases learning and progress. For more information or to sign up, please call the Aquatics coordinator at 952-227-7746.
Lap Swim Challenge
This class is available for intermediate and advanced swimmers. A coach will instruct from the pool deck and provide a workout to help swimmers build endurance and work on technique, stroke and turns. Swimmers must be 18 years old or older and be able
to swim 50 yards (1 lap) of the pool. Please pay your class fee at the front desk and bring your receipt to the coach.
Time: 8:30–9:15 p.m.
Cost: $2 Member per time; $4 Non-Member per time
This course trains participants in American Red Cross Lifeguarding, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, and First Aid. PLEASE NOTE:
Participants who do not pass pre-requisites will be charged a $50 administration fee.
• Participant must be age 15 by the last day of class
• Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
• Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breast stroke, or a combination of both but swimming on back or side is not allowed.
• Skill combination of swimming 20 yards with head above water, surface dive to a depth of 7 feet to retrieve a diving brick, swim back 20 yards carrying the brick with both hands in one minute 40 seconds.
• Participants must attend all days and times.
• Tread water for two minutes using only legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
Join us in the pool where you are surrounded by the natural resistance of the water. We will utilize the shallow and the deep water as well as a variety of aqua tools including buoyancy belts, noodles and water weights. Cardio and strength will be the focus of this 45 minute workout. There is little to no impact on your body which makes this work out a great fit for any level.